Art of the Angler show this weekend
November 10, 2012 8:30 am to November 11, 2012 3:30 pm
This Saturday and Sunday, November 10 & 11, the Catskills Fly Fishing Center and Museum will hold the Arts of the Angler show at the Ethan Allen Inn in Danbury, CT. The show opens at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday.
The Ethan Allen Inn is located off of I-84, Exit 4, Lake Avenue, Danbury, CT
Saturday November 10, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, 5:30 PM a special price fixed dinner 7:15 PM a live fly tackle and accessory collectible auction
Sunday, November 11, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Discovery Auction at 10:30
You will find everything related to fly fishing at this one show with over 100 tables:
- Over 30 of the most popular fly tyers will be tying at eye level, including Brandt, Fishy, Mead, Patlen, Schechter, Hidy, Cohen, Nikocevic, Likakis, Corwin, Graves, Hartman…get the picture? And some new faces too! Brandin, Gallas, Aroner, Kretchman, Van Burgel, Scott, Smith, Downes, Horowitz, and other fine bamboo rodmakers
- A vast array of collectible fly fishing tackle and collectibles
- Tie your first fly with the Housatonic Fly Fishing Association
- Bring your Hardy Fly Reel and get it tuned up at the Hardy Booth
- Hooks, Feathers, Fur, Beads, Thread…everything you need to tie any fly.
- Books you never thought you would ever find will be here.
- Rod Racks, hand crafted rod tubes, contemporary tackle and more.
- Special Presentations: Furling with Kathy Scott, The Flymph Legacy of Jim Leisenring and Pete Hidy by Lance Hidy, Bruce Corwin up close with Wally Wings & Peccary Bodies, Peggy Brenner Tapping Arts Council funds for Rodmakers and Fly tyers.
- Live Auction items: Rods, Reels, Letter from John James Hardy to Roy Steenrod regarding Theodore Gordon’s death; A dozen framed salmon flies by Frances Stearns, artwork, etc. Saturday night.
- Discovery Auction – You will just have to see for yourself on Sunday.
Admission $12 per day, $20 for Both. (Students under 16, $5 per day)
All Attendees will receive a FREE copy of Paul Guernsey’s HC book Beyond
Catch and Release, the future of fly fishing.